Thursday, October 8, 2009

The First Week of Christmas

It's time for the LA Stamper 12 Weeks of Christmas! Over the next 12 weeks (yes, Christmas is 12 weeks away!), I will be sharing project ideas for Christmas. You'll see cards, gift ideas, gift packaging ideas, and home decor ideas. Be sure to check back every week to see the featured project!

On this, the First Week of Christmas, I have a cute little gift box idea to share with you. Check it out...

While blog surfing a while ago, I came across this idea. For the life of me I can't find that blog again, so if this is your idea let me know so I can give credit where credit is due! Anyway, I loved the idea so I ran with it and tweaked a bit to make it me.

I started with an empty Sweet Treat Cups (116802, $3.95) box. The box these little accessories come in is fabulous! It's glossy and the perfect size for small gifts...think chocolates, gift cards, jewellery, etc. To start, I measured the sides of the box and then cut some DSP to fit. Actually I cut it a touch smaller so that the DSP looked like it was matted! I chose the gorgeous snowflake design from the Christmas Cocoa Speciality DSP (116770, $15.95) from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. I love the shimmery prints in this set and I also love the flocked designs! I then sponged around the edges of the DSP with Soft Suede Classic Ink, and stuck the DSP to the sides of the box.


To pretty it up a bit, I tied some Whisper White Organza Ribbon around the box and as a finishing touch, I fed a clear tear-drop shaped bead from the Pretties Kit on each end of the ribbon. The trick to getting the ribbon through that little hole in the bead is to cut it at a sharp angle so you have a nice point to put through the hole, then use a little muscle to pull the ribbon through and be sure to trim the end becuase it will be frayed a bit!


I hope you enjoyed the project for the First Week of Christmas! Be sure to keep checking back for more fun Christmas ideas and a whole lot of other stuff!
If you would like to order any of the products used to make this project contact me or check out my website!
ETA: Thanks to a wonderful crafter who emailed me and told me where the original gift box idea is from. You can check out the original idea on Angie Juda's blog, a wonderfully creative fellow demonstrator in the States!


Happy Stampin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!