Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jack-O-Lantern Basket

Ack! I think my 2-year old is over having naps! This is not good...I live for nap time; I get so much Stampin' stuff done during nap time. Now, I'm going to have to adjust my time around during the day and find a different time to get some stuff done! It all points to him growing up way too fast, which kind of makes me sad! Now if only I could get him to agree with me that being totally potty trained is a great thing...

Anyway, on to the stamping projects that you're probably here to check out! I have so many things to post about...World Card Day, the Second Week of Christmas (tomorrow's post), Thanksgiving and more. Today, I've decided to share a Halloween project with you.
I don't tend to do much in the way of Halloween cards (in fact, I usually only do one per year!), but I love to make little treat holders at this time of year! This project is one of my Stamper 10 projects this month. This month all of my Stamper 10 projects will be treat holders of some sort. I can't share them all now or it will spoil the surprise for my clubs next week!

Isn't he cute? I found the instructions to make him on Splitcoaststampers a few weeks ago and fell in love! He's super simple and made from the Pillow Box Die, some cardstock, ribbon and a few punches.

Check out the ribbon handle. I just punched the side with the slot punch and then fed the ribbon through. Then I tied a piece of Linen Thread around the ribbon to hold it in place. It won't hold if there's a lot of weight in the basket, but it should do if there's a bit of candy or some other yummy treat in it!

I absolutely LOVE the striped ribbon we have this year! It's wide, but soft and easy to tie. I have ordered it in all the colors it's available in *wink* and you can be sure you will see it on more projects!

I almost forgot! What do you think of my new blog header? Leave me a comment and let me know what you think. I made it with the new My Digital Studio software in the Holiday Mini Catalogue! There's so much fun stuff you can do with this software. Right now I'm working on getting certified with the software so I can teach you all about it. I can't wait. You can order it now through my website or just send me an email and I can order it for you.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!