Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Second Week of Christmas

Hard to believe a week has gone by and it's time for the second week of Christmas! We've had a crazy emotional rollercoaster of a week at our house...sick kids a sick dog (along with huge vet bills) and the thrid death in my husband's family since the beginning fo September. I'm looking forward to a quiter, healthier and happier week next week!


On to the project. Today I have a card for you. It's one of the cards from my Get Ahead for the Holidays class this month. This year, I seem to be loving the brown/blue combination for my Christmas cards. Bordering Blue just goes so mnicely with Kraft and Soft Suede and is gorgeous with snowflakes. I love this card so much that I decided to share it with everyone this week.

Now, it's hard to see in the picture, but this card has some shimmer! I used the Serene Snowflakes set from the Holiday Mini Catalogue. I stamped one of the snowflakes with Bordering Blue, another with Whisper White and the little 3 snowflakes stamp with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint. LOVE IT!!!

Here's another view...

I punched out a snowflake from Bordering Blue cardstock and sponged it wth the Shimmer Paint. Then added a little bling to the middle by way of a Clear Rhinestone Brad and attached it to the card. Finish it off with a Merry Chrismas and you're done.









This last view shows off the shimmery snowflakes better.

If you would like to order any of the products used to make this card, head over to my demonstrator website and place your order, or you can always email me with your order!


Hope you enjoyed this project! Remember to check back next week for the Third Week of Christmas project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!