Friday, November 20, 2009

The Seventh Week of Christmas-Dasher is Dancing

It's time for the Seventh Week of Christmas project! I *love* this card! I'm calling it "Dasher is Dancing". Have a look and then I'll explain some of the things I did to create this card.

The Sleigh Bells Ribbon in the Holiday Mini Catalogue makes me feel all warm inside! I love the colors, the texture and the way it looks on a project! I chose the colors from the ribbon and used Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Real Red & Old Olive. These colors together speak to me for some reason!

I added some fun details to this card. First, I took a strip of Kraft and ran it through the Big Shot with the Finial Press Embossing Folder. Then, to hilight the texture a little more, I rubbed some Chocolate Chip ink over it with a Stampin' Sponge. WOW! I love that I can get such great texture so easily with the Big Shot!

A little piece of the Sleigh Bells Ribbon is a great way to pull all the colors of the card together. I took a scrap of it from my ribbon scrap jar and folded it in half. It's attached to the Dasher piece with SNAIL and then the Dasher piece is attached to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Let's have a closer look at Dasher now. I stamped him with Chocolate Chip Craft ink and then embossed him with Clear Embossing Powder. Ooooh eeee, he shines in real life!

Now I have a little tip for you! You may have noticed that I put three brads in the bottom right hand corner of the card. I used my Mat Pack and Paper Pirecer template to make the holes for the brads. The brads themselves are from the Vintage Brads pack. The brads only go through the Chocolate Chip layer so they don't show on the inside of the card. I also hammered the brads! Yes, that's right I hammered them! I did this so that they would be a bit flatter and it also made the Chcocolate Chip layer easier to stick down to the card.

There you go! I hope you enjoyed my project for the Seventh Week of Christmas. As always, if you want to order any of the products I used to make this project, you can log onto my website and click "shop now" (sorry, Canadians only!).

Until next time my friends.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!