Sunday, November 22, 2009

Simple Card Sunday-Elegant Snowflakes

Hello! It's hard to believe that a week has gone by and it's time for Simple Card Sunday again. I have a great card for you today.


I love using purple and silver for snowflakes! The base of this card is Elegant Eggplant, stamped with snowflakes from the Serene Snowflakes set with Elegant Eggplant ink. I didn't stamp the whole card, but decided to leave about an inch and a half along that bottom unstamped. I took a scrap of Elegant Eggplant cardstock and applied one of the snowflake strip rub ons from the set in the mini. I used the silver ones. That strip is mounted on a piece of Almost Amethyst and a piece of Silver Elastic Cord is tied around it. Along the bottom of the strip I put three silver brads. And, along the top of the strip I stamped "Merry Christmas" from the Christmas Greeting set. I've gotta say, I'm in love...with Shimmer Paint! I used the Platinum Shimmer Paint to stamp the Merry Christmas. I simply sponged some of the Shimmer Paint onto the stamp with a sponge dauber and stamped it. Some benefits of the Shimmer Paint are that it dries quickly and doesn't smudge like the Encore ink does. And, while you don't get a raised image like you would if you embossed, you don't need to pull out as many tools and stuff to use Shimmer Paint than you would if you embossed...which means less clean up! Who doesn't love less clean up when you're finished a project?

There you have it! Another simple and easy to re-create! As always, if you would like to order any of the supplies I used to create this project, you can log onto my website or email me (sorry, Canadians only!).

Until next time my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!