Monday, November 30, 2009

Where in the World was Lisa?

Hello everyone! You're probably wondering why there hasn't been a post for a while! Let me explain. A while back we noticed that some of our tiles were cracking, some were loose and quite a bit of the grout was cracking, which was strange since we've only been in the house since April. So, when we had the 6 month walk through with our builder, we brought it to their attention. They brought in the flooring guys and they pulled up a few tiles to see what was going on. They determined that there was a problem with the sub floor and ALL the tile would have to come out for it to be fixed. What?!? That's right, ALL the tile. We have a LOT of tile...like almost the whole main floor is tile. So we got to go on a little mini vacation courtesy of our builder, while they tore a significant portion of our house apart and put it back together again!

Off we went to the Whitefish/Kalispell area. I can now say I've experienced my first Black Friday! Now, I'm not a huge shopper and didn't get up way early (I'm not a morning person either!) to fight the crowds, but I think we did pretty well, found some great deals and got almost all our Christmas shopping done...and we didn't have to pay too much at Customs when we crossed back into Canada!

The kids had a blast swimming at the hotel and we visited with our friends at their vacation home in Whitefish. All in all, it was a good weekend and it was nice to get away for a bit!

Because we didn't have a good wireless signal in the hotel, I wasn't able to post. So, there won't be a Scrapbook Saturday until the end of the week (on it's regularly scheduled day) and I will be back a little later with my Simple Card Sunday. I have a great card to show you...it even got a "wow" from my husband when I showed it to him!

I'll leave you with a couple pictures from driving home yesterday. I only wish I could have recorded the sounds when I hopped out of the van to take these pictures! It was so peaceful and the sound of the water in the river was so relaxing. It was gorgeous!


Until next time my friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!