Saturday, December 19, 2009

Batter Up!

Both of my older boys play baseball in the spring league here in Lethbridge, which runs from April through the middle of June. My older one was in his first year of Coach Pitch this year and my middle son was in his first year of T-Ball. On their last day in June, they have a mini tournament. After a cold, rainy (and even snowy) season, their last day was the perfect baseball day! It was a clear, sunny and hot day and it was perfect for taking pictures. I took about 100 pictures that day...in fact, I filled our smallest memory card for our camera! I chose my favorites and did up some scrapbook pages for their albums.


My pages this week are the ones I did of my middle son's T-Ball games. Let me tell you, the difference in attitude between Coach Pitch and T-Ball players is hilarious! The Coach Pitch kids are much more serious about the game. The T-Ball kids spend a lot of time picking grass in the outfield, digging in the dirt and all running after the ball. It's cute to watch! On their mini-tournament day, they all got to sit in the dugout. It was a HUGE deal for them!


Supplies: Just Baseball, Calendar Alphabet & Varsity Alphabet sets; Real Red, Basic Black & Kraft cardstock; Real Red & Basic Black Classic ink; Real Red, Creamy Caramel & Whisper White Craft ink; Stampin' Dimensionals

I chose the colors for this page based on his uniform colors...red & black. I tried the page with some white, but it was too stark, so I threw in a little Kraft for some mounting and the title! Speaking of the title, I chose the Varsity Alphabet (again...next week I will do a layout with a different alphabet, I promise!). I stamped my letters with Basic Black ink on Kraft and cut them out. Then I glued them on the page above and below my focal point picture. I *heart* this picture of him! He looks so cute sitting there in the dugout!


To finish off the focal point of the page, I used the Just Baseball set and stamped the images with Craft ink (Real Red, Whisper White & Creamy Caramel) on Kraft cardstock. After they dried, I cut them out and placed them on the page with Stampin' Dimensionals.


To add a little interest to my background, I did the Faux Tearing technique along the strips of pictures. It's pretty subtle, but adds just the right touch to finish it all off.


As always, any of the products I used to create this layout can be ordered through my website or by contacting me.


Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!