Sunday, December 13, 2009

Dancing Birthday Alien

So, two of my boys had birthday parties to attend yesterday. I figured to make things easier, I would just do the same card for both the birthday boys. And, it was a super simple card so I was able to quickly get both cards done in the morning (yes, I procrastinated making the cards!!) and have plenty of time to get the kids fed and ready to go to their parties.

I bet you want to see the card, eh? Well, here it is...

Supplies: Greeting Earthling & All Holidays stamp sets; Kraft, Dusty Durango, Old Olive, Chocolate Chip & More Mustard cardstock; Watercolor Paper; Jet Black StazOn, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, More Mustard, Dusty Durango & Creamy Caramel ink; Chocolate Chip Corduroy Button; 1 1/4" Square Punch; 3/4" Square Punch; Aqua Painter

Isn't it cute? I used the set, Greetings Earthling, which I received at Convention last summer. Funny story...I was at Convention with some of my stamping friends. While the other girls we were with went to get their bags, my downline Tara and I went to drop off a project I brought for a display board. When we went over to that area, some very nice Stampin' Up! staff asked if we would like to get a free stamp set? Huh? Yes, that's right, we could have a free set if we stamped a card for the display board. Well, we weren't going to pass that opportunity up, so said YES!!! And the set we each got was Greeting Earthling. We were super excited...like kids in a candy shop with all new stampin' stuff to use!!! Here's a picture of us stamping our cards and a picture of me with the project I brought to display and the card I made.


Sorry, I got a little side tracked there! Back to the card. I used a super neutral background, Kraft, for the base of the card. Kraft makes me happy!!! I used a scrap of Dusty Durango, a piece of Old Olive punched with the 1 1/4" Square Punch, and a piece of More Mustard punched with the 3/4" punch.

I stamped the little Dancing Alien with StazOn Black ink on Watercolor Paper. Then I watercolored him with an Aqua Painter and Old Olive, More Mustard, Dusty Durango and Creamy Caramel ink. When I was done, I mounted it on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock. I love watercoloring because you can be messy! It's ok to go a little outside the lines and it's ok to not totally color the image when watercoloring. For me, it's a quick way to color in a line art image!


For a little interest, I stamped the More Mustard square with the little spring image from the Greeting Earthling set with More Mustard ink. The Old Olive square has one of the Chocolate Chip Corduroy Buttons on it and I stamped "Happy Birthday" from the All Holidays set with Chocolate Chip ink on the Dusty Durango piece.

Just to finish everything off, I stamped that same little dancing alien with Dusty Durango ink on a Kraft envelope. I hope the two birthday boys liked their cards!

As always, all the products I used can be ordered through my website or by contacting me.

Until next time my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!