Sunday, December 6, 2009

Simple Card Sunday-Butterflies!

Happy Sunday to you! I have a great simple card for you today! I had to do a project to help me think warm, happy thoughts after spending about 6 hours of literally shovelling us out of our house this weekend after the blizzard we got! *grin*


Now, remember I said that my definition of a simple card is one that takes 10-15 minutes to complete start to finish. Well, this card took about 10 minutes, if that...but I'm still cleaning up glitter!!! The picture doesn't do it justice. In real life those butterflies sparkle something fierce! They're gorgeous.

I started with a 6x6 piece of So Saffron cardstock folded in half. I *heart* this size of card. And, if you're looking for envelopes to fit a 3x6 card you'll want to check out Stampin' Up!'s Small Open-Ended Envelopes. They only come in Whisper White, but they are sooo smooth and fabulous...yes, envelopes can be fabulous!


Ok, back to the card. I stamped the En Francais background stamp with So Saffron ink on the front of the card. Then I did the Direct To Paper technique (simple drag your ink pad directly on the paper) around the edges. The butterflies are punched out of Chocolate Chip cardstock with the Butterfly Punch. I ran them through my Big Shot with one of the Texture Plates and then on the raised part I applied some of the chocolate glitter from the Fine Cosmo Supernova Glitter set. To finish off the butterflies, I tied a piece of Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon around them to make a little body and antennae. The butterflies are stuck to the front of the card with Stampin' Dimensionals. And, the finishing touch is a little sentiment from the Short & Sweet set stamped with Chocolate Chip ink. This card just makes me smile...*grin*!


I was so thrilled with the butterfly card that I made this one...

Supplies: Polka Dot & Punch Pals sets, Bashful Blue & Night of Navy ink, Bashful Blue & Shimmery White cardstock, Snowflake Punch.


And...somebody stop me...I also made this one...

Supplies: Baroque Motifs and Short & Sweet sets, Old Olive & Chocolate Chip ink, Real Red & Old Olive cardstock, Playground Buttons, Linen Thread & the 5-Petal Flower Punch.


And finally this one...which was the fastest of the bunch because I found the Pretty In Pink cardstock already stamped in my scraps! I love when that happens!!!!

Supplies: Love You Bunches and Short & Sweet sets, Rose Red & Basic Black ink, Rose Red & Pretty In Pink cardstock, Stampin' Dimensionals, Full Heart Punch, Stampin' Sponges.


Wow! I think it took me about 45 minutes start to finish to complete all 4 cards. This is a super quick and easy to mass produce card! So which one is your favorite? Leave me a comment and let me know.


As always, you can go shopping for any of the products I used on these cards in my online store through my website or you can contact me.


Until next time my friends!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 8. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!