Friday, January 22, 2010

Bugging Me...

Do you ever make a card and there's something about it that isn't quite right?  One of the cards I posted yesterday has been bugging me since I posted it!  There's something that wasn't quite right with it.  I stared at it all day as it sat in my display thingy (yes, it's a thingy...it's very technical!).  It bugged me while we were watching TV last night and while we were watching The Big Bang Theory (seriously funny show people!) it came to me!  My poor husband...I made him pause the show while I fixed my card!  Don't feel too sorry for him...it only took me a couple minutes to fix it!  But, I'm happy to report that I feel much better about the card and I slept well last night knowing it was fixed!!!  So, you wanna see what I was talking about?

Version 1...


I know, it's a pretty nice looking card.  But, the square with the So Saffron heart and the square with the Elegant Eggplant heart weren't quite right.  They just didn't do it for me.  These are the things that keep me up at night people!  I know, I have issues!!!!  *grin*

And, Version 2.0


See how I changed those two hearts?  Don't they look MUCH better now? *wink*

Now, I know you didn't come here to see the same card again (even though it's better today!), so without further adieu, on to the original post I was gong to do today!

This morning I was looking through my pictures from Phoenix and came across some funny ones!  My middle son, Carter, is obsessed with Palm Trees and vegetation that is different from what we have here.  Whenever I go somewhere far away, he always asks if there's palm trees there and wants me to take a picture for him.  Well, you can imagine how excited he was when I said I would see lots of cactus and promised to take a picture for him.  Here's the result of us playing tacky tourist taking pictures by the cactus in downtown Phoenix!






We had a blast at our little photo shoot, and I'm sure the people driving past us as we were posing and taking waaaay too many pictures thought we were nuts!  One lady warned us not to get too close or it would hurt for a long time!  It was nice that she was looking out for us.  Most of the people driving by just laughed!

Anyway, the reason I was looking through my pictures was to find some of the I {Heart} Hearts samples that were shown in Phoenix.  Please excuse the quality of some of the photos...they were taken off the HUGE screen that the demonstrations are shown on so that everyone can see things up close.

This one was demoed by Lynsay Mahon...the top demonstrator in Canada!



This one was demoed by Shelli Gardner...the Co-Founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!.



And, this one was demoed by Carrie Cudney...one of the awesome Stampin' Up! employees!  Again, sorry about the quality of this picture...but it gives you an idea of what you can do with those hearts!  Carrie did a different technique on each of the hearts...the green one was Rock & Roll, the yellow one was Kissing, the blue one was crinkled cardstock with ink rubbed on it and I can't remember what she did with the pink one...maybe embossed?  I will have to look back at the notes I took.



Remember, when you purchase the I {Heart} Hearts set (in either clear or wood mount) Stampin' Up! will donate $2 to the American Red Cross for disaster releif in Haiti.  Canadians can order your set through my website or by contacting me.  Non-Canadians can go onto the Stampin' Up! website and find a demonstrator in their country.

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!