Monday, January 4, 2010

Change of Plans...

This morning I woke up thinking today was the day that my husband would have his back surgery. I packed my stuff thinking I would take him for his surgery, stay the night in Calgary and then head to Phoenix for the Leadership Conference while my mom & dad took care of my husband and kids. It all started off according to plan...we even got almost half way to Calgary and then he got a call on his cell. It was the hospital. Surgery is cancelled today...the surgeon is sick. What? Yep, the surgery he (well, actually all of us) have been waiting for is delayed and we will have to wait a bit longer. Hopefully not too long...we find out tomorrow.


Not a great start to the day! But, here's something that will make you smile...it made me smile when I made it!

Supplies: Stamps-Short & Sweet; Ink-Basic Black Classic; Paper-Whisper White, Real Red & Basic Black cardstock; Accessories-Real Red Chunky Glitter, Full Heart Punch, Stampin' Dimensionals, Assorted Real Red & Whisper White Ribbon scraps, Pinking Hearts Border Punch


I was inspired by this project by Heather Summers and I had a whole lot of ribbon scraps from this project. It seemed like a perfect fit! I'm quite pleased with how it turned out! And, I got to use one of my new punches. This border punch is available in the Occasions Mini, which you can start ordering from tomorrow! Yahoo!


So sparkly with the glitter! I love the dimension and texture of this card and I have a big jar of ribbon scraps, perfect for this type of card, calling me.

Well, hopefully tomorrow will go according to plan for our family! Until next time my friends!




2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for emailing me your card! I love it!!! Great work and thanks for the email. I'll be thinking of your family tomorrow and will check out your blog to get an update. Take care,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That blows! But, the card is very pretty. I like all the sparkly bits. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!