Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby, I'm Back...

Hello! I'm back from sunny Phoenix! It wasn't as warm as I thought it would be, but there was no snow and I didn't have to wear a coat during the day so I'm not complaining!!! *grin* I know my family missed me...the kids ran outside when they heard the car door shut...Kevin was moving a bit slower. : ) And, my sweet little Sawyer immediately asked if I had presents!!! While I know my mom took good care of all my boys, I know they're happy to have me home and have things back to normal!

I was hoping to post some updates during Leadership, but I was so absorbed in what I was learning and spending time with friends I haven't seen for a long time that I decided not to! Not to mention, I was pretty exhausted at the end of each day. I'm so excited about all the fun ideas I learned and I can't wait to share them in upcoming classes and projects.

Because I know you're wondering, Kevin still hasn't been given another surgery date yet. I HATE this waiting and wondering...but I'm sure he's hating it even more than me!

Ok, enough yapping! I've got a card to share. Actually it's 2 cards...or one card two ways!

Quite a few of my club members are expecting so I had babies on my mind. When I was making prototype swap cards for Leadership, I did a couple quick baby cards. In case you're wondering, the baby cards didn't make the cut, and yes, I will share my swap cards later this week!

Here's a closer view of the girl card.

Supplies: Whimsical Words (SAB) & Holiday Blitz stamp sets; Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, Apricot Appeal and Soft Suede classic ink; Kraft, Soft Suede, Whisper White & Regal Rose cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP; Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon; Scallop Trim Border Punch (SAB)

And the boy card.

Supplies: Whimsical Words (SAB) & Holiday Blitz stamp sets; Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal and Soft Suede classic ink; Kraft, Soft Suede, Whisper White & Bashful Blue cardstock; Sweet Pea DSP; Whisper White Taffeta Ribbon; Scallop Trim Border Punch (SAB)

They're pretty much the same except I used Regal Rose for one and Bashful Blue for the other. They would also be really easy to do unisex in green (like Certainly Celery) or yellow (like So Saffron or Barely Banana). These cards would be great birth announcements, welcome baby or congratulations cards or even thank you cards for a new mom so she could thank family and friends for all the wonderful gifts and well wishes. There you have it. A cute and VERY versatile card that would be simple to mass produce!

Until next time my friends! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!