Friday, January 1, 2010

I've Been Playing...

Happy New Year! I finally got the courage to play with my new CLEAR MOUNT STAMPS from the Occasions Mini and Sale-A-Bration! They looked so pristine in their little cases, I just had to look at them for a while. You know how that is...don't you? I think I was a bit scared of the unknown. I had never used clear mount stamps and was a bit unsure about them, but I'm hooked!!! *grin*

In addition to new stamps, I got new DSP, punches (seriously LOVIN' the new punches!) and some new embellishments. You guys are going to love all the new toys...and you only have to wait a few more days to order! If you're Canadian, you're definitely going to want to log onto my website on Jan 5 and place your order. You deserve new toys too!!!

So I bet you're dying to see what I made with my new stuff, eh? Your wish is my command...

Supplies: Whimsical Words stamp set (SAB); Cardstock-Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip & Very Vanilla; DSP-Sending Love Specialty DSP; Stampin' Write Markers-Real Red & Chocolate Chip; Ribbon-Real Red Satin; Punches-1 1/4" Square; Paper Piercer; Mat Pack; Stampin' Dimensionals

Love it!!! I made a Christmas card very similar to this one a couple years ago (I think!). I came across it the other day when I was cleaning up my craft room and going through old cards. I thought it would work well as a Valentine's card, so I changed it up a bit and voila!

The squares of DSP are punched with the 1 1/4" Square punch from the Sending Love Specialty DSP. It glitters!!! *huge grin* Sadly, no matter what I tried with the camera, I couldn't get a good glittery picture...so you'll just have to take my word for it! Hee, hee!

The ribbon is so yummy! It's the new Real Red Satin. I'm gonna miss those ribbons in the Holiday Mini, but I think all the colors of Satin Ribbon in the Occasions Mini will make up for it!

Check out the stamped sentiment. It's one of my new Clear Mount sets and is also a set that you can earn FREE!!! Yes, FREE!!! Sale-A-Bration starts on Jan 5, and the Whimsical Words set is one of your free choices when you order $65 (before shipping & tax). YAHOO!!! I'm just a teeny bit excited! I love word stamps that mix fonts, and I think the sentiments in this set are fabulous.
Anyway, to get two colors on the image, I colored it with Stampin' Write Markers. And, to finish it off, I did a row of paper piercing. The picture doesn't show that the block where I stamped the sentiment is popped up with some Stampin' Dimensionals.

And now, a little word about the Clear Mount stamps. The blocks are clear and the stamps are still rubber. The blocks are awesome. So smooth and clear! They have the same groove for your fingers to grip as the wood blocks do, only the clear blocks have it on all four sides. It's great! There is also a foam layer between the rubber and block (the foam layer has the cling coating on it). So you will still get the awesome crisp stamped images you're used to with Wood Mount SU stamps. And, if you like, you have the option of applying a label on the foam so you can see your image through the block. I think it's the best of both worlds. I love the cheaper prices and smaller amount of space these stamps take up on my shelves. I'll try and take some pictures of them tomorrow in the daylight!

Have a wonderful night everyone (or day if you're reading this during the day)!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!