Sunday, January 24, 2010

Rock On!

Happy Sunday!  I spent my morning coughing (and depserately trying to not give it to Kevin so his surgery won't be cancelled again) and shovelling more snow!  At least the snow isn't heavy and wet...it's kind of grainy, but easy to push around.  And, joy of all joys, as I look out my window it has started snowing again!

Those of you who know me well, know I'm a rock and roll kind of girl!  And, my kids are rock and roll kids too!  When we go places, we rock out in the van and have a blast.  So, when I saw the Extreme Guitar stamp in the catalogue I knew it would end up in my collection.  And, it did just recently when I got it FREE with Sale-A-Bration rewards.

My oldest son is turning 8 next week and his party is on Saturday.  He's having a small, out of the house party since Kevin will be just home from surgery, but I'm sure he will have a blast with his friends.  He's kind of at that age where most of my stamps are a bit too babyish or little kidish for his tastes.  So, here's what I came up with for his inviataions...



I kept it super simple becuase, well, I'm a busy girl!  I chose Creamy Caramel and Basic Black as the colors.  They're so striking together, don't you think?  The card itself measures 3x6 and the fold is along the top.  I did the Direct-To-Paper technique around the edges of the card with my ink pad.  The rock star is stamped with Basic Black craft ink and embossed.  And it's finished off by stamping a "You're Invited" along the bottom with black ink.  I love the way the invitations turned out and Taylor was suitable impressed!

This card is so versatile!  I can see myself using it again in the future for birthday cards.  You could also make a little pocket inside and have it hold concert tickets for someone.

That's all for today!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!