Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Little Bit of YUM!

Most people know that I love to stamp, but what you don't know is that I also love to cook...especially for other people!  So, today, I'm going to share a little bit of yum with you!


Doesn't it look good?  I wish I could share the smell with you because it smells absolutely heavenly!!!!!  Here's a close look (just to make your mouth water even more!)...


It's ridiculously easy!  Here's how you can make it.

1 can of Pie Filling (any flavour...I used Blueberry this time)
1 cake mix (any flavour...I used french vanilla)
1/2 cup butter (cut into slices or pieces...about 16 pieces)
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans

Spread the pie filling on the bottom of your pan.  Then sprinkle the cake mix over top.  Cut up the butter into pieces and then put it over the cake mix.  Next, sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter and top with chopped pecans.

Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes or until the top is golden.

Serve warm with vanilla ice cream...or whipped cream...whatever you're in the mood for!

The best thing is that you can change up the flavours each time you make it!  You can add coconut rather than pecans or you can even add chopped walnuts.  If you don't want to use pie filling, you can use a large can of fruit.  I've made it before with canned peach slices...just dump them in, juice and all (but cut the peaches up a bit so they're easier to eat).

Enjoy!  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think when you make it!
Have an inspiring day!  I'll be back tomorrow with a great project.

1 comment:

  1. I tried your recipe on the in-laws. Big success!!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!