Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Set the Mood...

Today I have a project that can help set the mood!!!


I got the candle holder from Party Lite.  There's two tubes of glass that fit one inside the other and it comes with an insert to go between the two tubes of glass.  Let me tell you, my friends, the insert it comes with is kind of ugly...although they do have other options for inserts!  But, I saw HUGE potential, so I bought it (and the bigger one too!).

For the purposes of the countdown, I decided to go with a Valentine's theme and punched hearts from some of the Decor Sheets (Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Clear & Rose Red).  Then I peeled the backing off and stuck them on the glass!  I love how this turned out.  To finish it off, I tied a piece of the Polka Dot Real Red ribbon (my spook has been feeling neglected since Christmas!!) around the top and then attached a little tag I made.  To make the tag I cut out a heart (from that AWESOME embosslit in the mini...Scalloped Heart of Hearts) and layered it with a punched Real Red heart (Full Heart punch).  To add a little something to jazz up the tag a bit, I stamped the smallest heart from I {Heart} Hearts with Real Red on Very Vanilla, punched it out with the new heart punch in the mini and put it on with a Stampin' Dimensional.  Here's another view from the side.



You get a good look at the hearts from this view!  And, here's another view ina darker spot so you can see the "mood setting" effect!!!


I love the heart shadows it makes!  The best part is that after Valentine's Day, I can easily peel the hearts off, untie the ribbon and totally change my candle holder for the next season or occasion!  Love it!!!

That's all for now, I'll bev back later with another frame project to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!