Saturday, March 27, 2010

Fall Photo Shoot

I know it's spring, but I did a fall layout for Scrapbook Saturday this week using the sktech from my scrapbook club this month.


My background is textured Old Olive cardstock.  I stamped the grass image from the "Inspired By Nature" set along the bottom of both pages.  I used DSP from the Soft Suede Patterns and also from "The Write Stuff" sets. 


I accented my pages with leaves that I cut from Old Olive, Crushed Curry, Dusty Durango and Soft Suede cardstock.  I stamped my cardstock scraps with the Sanded background stamp and Versamark ink, then cut the leaves with my Big Shot and the Leaves #2 die.  After I cut the leaves out, I  scrunched them up and then sponged them with Soft Suede ink to dirty them up and give them some texture.  I stuck them onto my pages with a little bit of Tombow Multi Purpose Glue (I *heart* this glue!!!) in the middles, so the leaves are still sticking up a bit and have some dimension.


My journalling block is a die cut from the "The Write Stuff" DSP pack.  It was perfect for journalling becuase it had a grid pattern on it so my writing is in straight lines!  I l;ike to hand write some of my journalling and use my computer for some.  I think it's important to have at least some stuff hand written in scrapbooks because your handwriting is you!

The only basic scrapbook page element (photos, accents, journalling, & title) I left off this page is a title.  I did this for two reasons...first, I'm not sure what to call this page, and second, I'm not sure it really needs a title!

That's all for today!  There won't be a simple card tomorrow for Simple Card Sunday.  But stop back on Monday for a super awesome project and some fun!  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!