Monday, March 1, 2010

In Like a Lamb

Mmmmmm, the smell of spring is in the air!  It was so gorgeous today that I had a couple windows open and I swear it smelled like spring.  The sun was shining, the neighbourhood kids were out playing in the street and it was just a great day!  Hopefully we won't see anymore winter...but I did see in the long range forecast that it's supposed to get ugly again next week.  Cross your fingers that the forecast will change! 

It is said that March comes in like a lamb and goes out like a lion or vice versa.  Well, I think it definitely came in like a lamb, so in honour of this, I have a lamb card to share with you today.


And, since March is my Birthday Bonanza month, I decided to make my lamb card a birthday card.  I used the Pun Fun and A Little Birthday Cheer (which you can earn FREE with Sale-A-Bration) stamp sets for this card.  I chose some springy colors...Bashful Blue, So Saffron, Pretty in Pink and Soft Suede.

I also used the SU Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder on the Bashful Blue piece.  I love SU Embossing Folders.  They create such a deep and crisp impression in the cardstock.  Here's a closer look at the dimension.


And, here's a closer look at the little lamb, which is attached to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  To color her, I just scribbled on her with my White Gel Pen.  The heart is the smallest heart from the Heart to Heart punch.  I punched it out of Pretty in Pink cardstock and sponged around the edges with Rose Red.  I carefully cut around the lamb's arm to tuck the heart in behind it.


So cute!  Remember that during the Birthday Bonanza, shipping & GST is on me!

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! She looks soo fuzzy. The white gel pen does the job perfectly. It really did smell like spring today. I had the windows open too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!