Friday, March 12, 2010

Matthew's Birthday

Hello!  I can't believe the last time I posted was Monday!  Where has the week gone.  It's been a crazy one, I'll tell you that!

Today I have a birthday card to share with you.  It was totaly inspired by Jan Tink's blog post yesterday.  I used the same stamps, colors and some of the layout, but as started I kind of went off on my own little direction.  But, it is a very similar card to hers!

Supplies:  Extreme Elements, Extreme Skateboard, Sanded & A Little Birthday Cheer stamp sets; Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, Ruby Red & Sahara Sand Classic ink; Not Quite Navy Craft ink; Not Quite Navy, Ruby Red, Old Olive & Sahara Sand cardstock; Star Designer Brads; Stampin' Sponges; Stampin' Dimensionals

I made this card for one of my boy's friends who had a birthday party this afternoon.  My boys loved it and were so excited to give it to their friend.  Here's a closer look at the main image.


In this picture you can see some of the fun stuff I did with ink!  I sponged the edges of the main image with Not Quite Navy and the other layers all have Direct-to-Paper with my ink pad.  I just rubbed the edge of the ink pad against the cardstock.  There's something about the way that looks that makes my heart beat a little faster!

You're probably wondering about that brad.  You're probably thinking "they ARE NOT pictured like that in the catalogue", or "did I miss something...are they colored now", or maybe you're wondering how I did that to my brad.  Well, here's a closer look, and then I'll tell you what I did!


Are you ready?  It's very technical...all I did was smoosh it in my Not Quite Navy Craft ink pad.  Had to be craft ink or it won't work.  After I smooshed it, I gently rubed the excess ink off on a paper towel and the ink in the recessed parts of the brad stays.  I love how this one came out a little rustic or beat up a bit.  I wasn't going for that look, but I'm thrilled with the way it turned out!

Here's one more view of the dimension, and a little peek at the inside!


For the inside, I used a scrap of Sahara Sand and stamped the skateboarded in Not Quite Navy (stamped off twice) and the dot image from Extreme Elements with Sahara Sand ink.

All in all, I love the way this card turned out.  Thanks Jan for the inspiration!

Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your twist on my card...it's always interesting to see what someone else does with the same elements!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!