Monday, March 8, 2010

A Perfect Gift Box

Ack!  It's snowing...again!  I knew it was coming...it's been in the forecast for a while now, but I was secretly hoping this would be one of those times the weather man was wrong!  Oh, well!  It's warm enough that I don't think it will stay around.  After all, what's spring without a snowstorm?!?  Tonight I'm going to share some gift boxes with you.  I originally saw these at the Regional Seminar in Phoenix and fell in love with them!  I used the bigger one as the project I gave to my downline, along with a package of Epoxy Brads, who achieved $1000 in sales in January (the ones who earned it, loved it!).  And, the smaller one is the project my Stamp Clubs are making this month (full of cards, of course!).


The smaller of the two was made following the measurements from the Regional Seminar, and the larger was made following measurements from Kimberly Van Diepen (one of my stamping heros!).  both use the Sweet Pea DSP.  There are sooooo  many designs in that paper pack.  I just love how I can get two VERY different looks from the same paper pack!

Here's a closer look at the bigger one...


This one is made with Kraft cardstock.  The top is layered with Chocolate Chip and some Sweet Pea DSP.  I stuck a piece of Pretty In Pink Satin Ribbon across it and then attached a paper flower made with circles, a leaf from the Sweet Pea Stitched Felt (I *heart* those stitched felt pieces!) and one of the yummy Pretty In Pink epoxy brads.  It's finished off with a great sentiment from the "Full of Life" set.  This box fits 4x4 cards.  It would be a perfect little box to give a gift to a special friend for a special occasion like a birthday or something.  You could also put some chocolates, a gift card or another special little gift inside.  The box is held shut by sliding the top flap under the brad.

Here's a closer look at the smaller one...


This one is made from Soft Suede cardstock.  The top is So Saffron, Soft Suede and some scraps of Sweet Pea DSP.  The DSP is on a piece of Soft Suede which was punched with that fabulous new Scallop Edge punch (which you can earn FREE when you place a $65 order).  I finished if off with a piece of Old Olive Satin Ribbon and a little "for you" from the All Holidays set.  This box holds 2 3/4 x 2 3/4 cards.  It stays shut by sliding the flap in behind that flower (from the Boho Blossoms punch).  It's hard to see, but that brad in the middle of the flower was actually a Whisper White jumbo brad!  I smooshed it (very technical term here, people) in Old Olive Craft ink and then clear embossed it and voila...an Old Olive jumbo brad!  A word to the wise...use some tweezers or pliers to hold the brad while heating it...I speak from experience here people!  Learn from my not so smart moment!

Here's what they look like inside...


And the coolest part is that you can make a bunch and easily store them until you need a gift box because...are you ready for this...they lay flat when they're open!!!  I know this is as exciting for you as it is for me!!!  It's ok...you can admit it...I understand about these things...we're all friends here!


I LOVE these little boxes!!!  I made a baby one for one of my son's teachers who recently had a son.  I put a onsie and some teeny tiny socks in it...it was perfect.  I'll have to go visit her and get a picture to share with you (because I was too excited about seeing the baby that I totally forgot to take a picture of my creation!).

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!