Friday, March 5, 2010

Scraps, Swaps and Storage

Hello!  I'm so glad today is Friday!  What a week it has been.  Tonight I'm going to share my swap card for this weekend with you.  It's the same style card I did here, but I love the layout so much that I decided to do it again. 


I think I like this one better than the first one I did!  I just love these colors together and you all know how much I love that Sweet Pea DSP!!!  This card is great becuase you can use up some of your scraps.

Speaking of scraps, are you having a hard time storing your scraps...especially of the Sweet Pea DSP?  I get asked a lot how I store my papers.  Well, when we built our house we had the cabinetry people custom make me some drawers to hold my 12x12 papers, and I altered some regular file folders to fit the 12x12 papers for my cardstock.  My 12x12, 8 1/2 x 11 and scraps of each color are in one file folder.  And, I file them according to color family in the order they are in the catalogue.  I like to keep all my DSP from a certain pack together rather than split the pack up and file it according to color...I find that's really hard to do, especially with the double-sided papers!  So, this is what I do.


Each DSP pack is in it's own cello bag, which is labelled with the name of the paper, which catalogue it's in (or was in!) and what colors coordinate with it.  Here's a closer look.


Hopefully that will help you figure out what to do with your papers!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!