Friday, March 26, 2010

That's the Milk Carton Die?

Good morning!  More Easter projects for you today!  I was surfing around the web a while back and came across these made by "angelstar".


Aren't they adorable!  I changed mine up a bit from hers and I love them!  They are totally the milk carton die on it's side with one side cut out to make a basket...isn't that awesome!  I love finding different, outside-the-box ideas for using our product! 

Here's a closer look at the chick...


Did you notice the little feet sitcking out of the front?  I think the feet are my favorite part!  They were made with the Boho Blossoms punch!  The ribbon is attached just behind the scallop oval wings with a brad on each side.  The beak is made from a 1 1/4 square punch folded in half to make a triangle.  I also trimmed off the side points.  The eyes are black brads and I finished it off with a Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon bow.

Here's some pictures of the bunny...




And she's finished off with a tail!


The bunny is lightly sponged with Pretty In Pink ink.  I used various punches to create the bunny face and tail.  The ribbon is attached with brads, just like the chick.  The bunny's eyes are black brads and I finished her off with a Pretty In Pink Taffeta Ribbon bow.

Both baskets are filled with home-made paper shreds.  I cut 1/8" strips of cardstock and ran them through my crimper.  Then when I had a little pile, I kind of scrunched them together so they looked like a nest and stuck them in the basket.  Both baskets then were filled with Mini Eggs...yum!

I have so many more ideas for this die.  Stay tuned becuase I will be sharing them in the next few weeks.

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!