Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Flip Flops

It's toenail painting season!  And, in honour of toenail painting season, I did a super fun project with my stamp clubs this month.  Check it out...


I had everyone bring a pair of flip flops with them to alter, and we talked about using the Big Shot to cut fabric.  Did you know that you can cut up to 8 layers of fabric with the Bigz Dies?  Isn't that awesome!!!  The only exception to that is if the die you're using has a scoring feature...then you only want to cut 3 layers at a time.  If you're a quilter, you NEED the Big Shot to cut shapes and squares and stuff for your quilts.  It will save you a lot of time!

Here's a closer look at my flip flops.


I actually made a couple of pairs because they're so fun!  For this pair, I chose a funky tie-dye looking fabric.  I have discovered that ugly or "loud" fabrics work well for this project!  When you cut up the ugly fabric, you don't see the ugliness as much and they actually tend to look the best when all is said and done! 

We used the Daisy die and each person cut themselves 6 flowers (2 of each of the 3 sizes on the die) for each shoe.  They layered the flowers together, offsetting the petals on each layer, and then stuck a large brad through the middle.  I chose the Flower Designer Brads for this pair, but the corduroy button brads look awesome too! 

I had a stack of fabrics for the girls to choose from and then I put out both of my Stack & Store Caddys (I *heart* these caddys!) that hold brads and other accessories and let them choose whatever they wanted to personalize their shoes.  The girls were so creative mixing and matching fabrics and choosing brads!  They looked and sounded like they were having a blast last night!!!

When everyone was done, they all put one of their shoes on display so I could take a picture.


How fun is that!  To attach the flower to the flip flop, we just used hot glue on the back of the flower...it you're going to do this, use a lot of glue otherwise your flower will fall off.  Or, maybe rough up the strap on the flip flop a bit before gluing.

So, now you all need to paint your toenails and personalize a pair of fun flip flops for yourself!  To order the Daisy die, or any other Big Shot product, or anything else you need to create this fun project (except the fabric and hot glue!) be sure to stop by my online store where you can shop 24/7!  Be sure to choose me as your demonstrator so you can get the preferred pricing (Canadians only!).

Well, that's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. You have amazingly cute feet! kinda hot ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!