Sunday, April 18, 2010

Lil' Oilers Fans

It's official...spring is here!  It poured rain this evening and the frogs are back at our pond!  We've had our windows open all day and it has smelled so wonderful and fresh and tonight we can hear the frogs for the first time this year!  I love the sound of the frogs!

Anyway, because I switched things up this weekend, today I have a scrapbook layout for you (if you're looking for the simple card...I posted that yesterday).


I used Really Rust textured cardstock for the base of my layout this week (remember, Really Rust is one of the colors that is retiring at the end of June...if it's one of your favorites stock up now!).  I stamped the grass image from Inspired By Nature with Old Olive ink on Old Olive cardstock and then tore it.  I stuck these pieces along the top of my pages.  All my pictures are mounted on Night of Navy.  And, for an accent color, I chose Creamy Caramel (which, like Really Rust, is retiring at the end of June so if it's one of your favorites, stock up now!).  Creamy Caramel is one of the retiring colors that I will really miss!

I haven't done a scrapbook page without using my big shot for a really long time.  So I challenged myself to not use it on this layout.  So, everything is stamped.  I just got the Contempo Alphabet, so I decided to get it inked up and used it for my title.  I haven't stamped a title for quite a while, so I'm a bit out of practice!


The Creamy Caramel was not quite right, so I did the Direct-To-Paper technique around the edges with my Creamy Caramel ink.  It totally finished it off and was just the look I wanted.


Well, that's all for today.  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!