Monday, April 5, 2010

You're not 20 anymore...

Hello!  So, I'm going to start with a little story today!

My oldest son, Taylor, had joined the Running Club at school with the goal of completing the Little Souls Marathon.  In the weeks leading up to the marathon, he has to run a total of 40.2 km and then at the marathon, the kids run the final 2 km so in total they will have run a full marathon over a period of 6-8 weeks.  They run twice a week at school, which isn't enough to make the amount of km they need, so we have to run with him on the weekend or some evenings during the week.  I can't run becuase of my knees (there's too much impact on my knees...I need a low impact sport for my knees), so I've been rollerblading with him around one of the lakes in town.  It's almost 2km around that lake, and it's been going great.  In fact, Taylor can run faster than I'm comfortable rollerblading!

Today it all came crashing down...I should say I came crashing down!  I was getting pretty confident in my roller blading skills and was doing pretty good since I hadn't used my roller blades for about 3 years.  Today though, a stick jumped out at me and got tangled in my wheels.  It's wasn't pretty people!  I have a little road rash on the palms of my hands (not condusive for stamping!) and an awesome bruise on my leg!  My sweet little 8 year old came running back to see if I was ok and then held his little hand out and helped me up.  I'm proud to say I kept going (with him making sure there was no more sticks in my way!) without crying or swearing.

We got home and I told Kevin I needed a little first aid.  And, what do you think the first thing he said to me was?  Go ahead...take a wild guess.  He's so loving, he said "You're not 20 anymore honey, you need to be careful".  I totally would have punched him if my hands didn't hurt so much!  Then he cleaned me up and helped make supper...so I guess he earned some brownie points back!

Anyway, on to the card for today.  A month ago, I went to Calgary to attend a Stampin' Up! Regional Seminar.  The most exciting thing was that I was asked to do a demo!  I was super pumped to do my demo and shared how to color white rub ons.  Today I'm going to share one of the samples I showed that day.


It's kind of hard to see in the picture, but the words are a rub on and I made them yellow...Summer Sun in fact!

 Here's a closer look.


The picture doesn't do it justice!  It's really easy to change the color of your rub ons.  First you need to make sure they are on a non-porous surface (like our Window Sheets, a brad or a glass container).  Rub them on like normal and then sponge Classic ink over them.  Gently wipe off any excess ink with a paper towel or kleenex.  Don't rub too hard or you will rub the ink off the rub on.  I found that darker colors worked best for this technique becuase they "stained" the rub ons better.

That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!