Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Grrrr!


It's our anniversary this Saturday.  Kevin and I will have been married for 11 years!  Gosh, time had flown by and our lives have changed so much since we got married and even since we started dating.  We're high school sweethearts!   When we started dating I was 15 and he was 18.  We met at band practice...he played French Horn and I played Flute.  We sat directly across from each other in the semi circle that the band sat in.

The funny thing is that this weekend we will be apart!  I'm heading to Millet to demo at a Stampin' meeting and taking our youngest with me so he can visit with Grandma and Grandpa while I'm at the meeting.  Kevin is staying home with the older two becuase our oldest is running in the Little Souls Marathon this Saturday.  After the marathon, the three of them are having a "boys weekend" and the kids are super excited about it!

Anyway, in honour of my anniversary, I thought I would share the card I made for Kevin.


I actually made this card for a punch art swap I participated in last fall.  I made 50 little lions for the swap...25 girls and 25 boys!  I think this is one of my favorite cards I have ever made!

It's a 5x5 card.  I started with a Brocade Blue base and layered on a piece of Close to Cocoa.  To add some texture, I crumpled the Close to Cocoa piece and then rubbed some Close to Cocoa ink on it with a sponge.

The main part of this card is the lions!  I started with a piece of Naturals White cardstock stamped with the grass image from Inspired by Nature using Old Olive ink.  I use that grass an aweful lot!!!  The lions are made with various punches and then stuck on over the grass.  I finished it off by adding a punched heart and the "grrr" is from the Under the Stars set.  The whole white piece was mounted on a piece of Chocolate Chip cardstock.

Here's a close up of  each of the lions.

The boy...


And the girl...


Aren't they cute!  Each punched piece was sponged around the edges.  The lions are made with More Mustard and Close to Cocoa cardstock and sponged with Close to Cocoa ink.  I drew on the eyes, the little whisker dots and the toes with a Chocolate Chip marker.

Here's a list of the punches I used...

Mane-Scallop Circle
Head-1" Circle
Cheeks-1/2" Circle
Ears & Nose-1/4" Circle
Body-1 3/8" Circle
Legs-Small Oval
Tail-Small Oval & Trio Flower

The heart was from the Heart to Heart punch (I used the smallest one) and was punched out of Melon Mambo cardstock.  A tip for punch art...the Two Way glue Pen is a MUST!  It's easy to use and not messy, especially with all the little pieces you punch and then have to stick together!

The card was finished off with a Happy Anniversary from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set stamped with Chocolate Chip ink.

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your anniversary :-)
    I just love this card. It is super cute and absolutely perfect for such a special occasion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!