Friday, June 4, 2010

Beautiful Bouquet

Good morning!  I've been super busy the last couple days making some special treats for the Coaldale Ladies Night on June 12.  The event runs from 4-9pm and is at the Coaldale Community Hall.  I'm super excited to have a booth that night with lots of great ideas and a fun little make & take.  So make sure you come on out and visit me!

Wanna see what I've been making?  Well, I turned this...


Into this...


Inside each one is a Double Lolly...I love Double Lollies!!!  I originlaly got the idea for these from a swap I received at Convention a few years ago.  I don't have that original anymore...so I don't know who to give the credit to, but if you swapped with me at that Convention thanks!

I made 142 of them attached to my business card to be put in bags for people who come to Ladies Night.  And, on the back of my business card, I put a speical fun coupon!  You're not gonna want to miss this event ladies!!!  Here they are all ready to go in the box...


I used Green Galore (retiring) for the base and the flowers are Aprocit Appeal (retiring) sponged with Tangerine Tango, Cameo Coral (retiring) sponged with Ruby Red (retiring) and Almost Amethyst (retiring) sponged with Lovely Lilac (retiring).  The brads are from the Vintage Brad collection, which is also retiring, and the stamped flower in the middles of the flowers is  from the Fresh Cuts set.  All the flowers were punched with the 5-Petal Flower punch (which is being reconfigured to the new style of our punches).

You probably want to know how to make these, right?  The green part is 5 1/2 x 1 and is scored at 1/2, 2 1/4, 3 1/4 & 5.  The middle section is where the flower goes.  I punched a little hole with my 1/16 circle punch and stuck the flower on with a brad.  The sections at either end get punched with the small punch in the Crop-A-Dile so the sucker stick can go through.  Then you wrap the green part around the sucker with the stick going through the bottom.  You'll have to kind of do this with your sucker at an angle and then push it into place once the stick is through the two holes...you'll see what I mean when you make one!  There's absolutely NO adhesive in this project! 

You can have lots of fun with putting a ribbon around the stick to look like leaves or to double up the flowers on the top.  Here's a fun flower pot full of these I made a couple years ago.


Isn't this just the cutest thing ever!  What a great centerpiece!  The fun part is...all the colors I used for this pot of fun flowers, except Kiwi Kiss, are coming back and you can order them again starting July 1!!!

Have an inspiring day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!