Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Horror...

Oh the horror!  Yesterday I dropped my laptop and it died.  Thankfully I didn't have a lot of important documents and stuff on my laptop...but I did lose my most up-to-date email list and some of the pictures of projects I was going to post on my blog.  On the bright side, I get a new laptop since the old one is not worth fixing.  Dell is building me a new one as we speak and Kevin tells me it will be faster, have more memory and the programs will be the most current ones out there (like Windows 7).  Now I really can't wait for the new Definitely Decorative Catalogue to come out so I can choose some new laptop decor!

Anyway, onward to some fun stamping stuff, right?

In my latest round of Mantle Messages, we did "Summer".  I had a full class that night and we had a blast!  My original sample had raw chipboard letters lightly sponged with Basic Gray ink.  I liked it, but the letters didn't pop.  My customers obviously thought the same way, because they asked if they could use another color for their letters.  Of course, I said yes...anxious to see what they would come up with!!!  The one I liked best was Very Vanilla, so I changed mine after they went home...lol!!!  Here's a look at the finished project.


The backround is Garden Green and is stamped with the grass image from "Inspired By Nature" with Garden Green ink.  The butterflies were cut and embossed with the Wings of Friendship Embosslit with Apricot Appeal and Cameo Coral cardstock.  The little ants are from the "Bugs & Kisses" stamp set and are stamped wtih Basic Black ink.  Each block is stuck to the next with Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon.



I love it!  Thanks for the inspiration guys!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!