Monday, July 26, 2010

My Convention Experience

Like I said in my last post, Convention was ah-ma-zing this year!  I had a blast, learned so much and got to visit with my convention buddies that I don't see very often!  Here's what I did last week...in photos!

The first day is Check-In day.  This is the day we get our Convention Bags, stamps for our make & takes and get to shop in Momento Mall (Momento Mall is the place where I get all my cool SU shirts, pens, and other fun stuff).


This is Robin, me, Michelle and Sunita waitin in line to get into Momento Mall.  Check out our cute bags!  And, this is me and Tara after Momento Mall...you can see some of our goodies on the floor in front of us.  I will share more about my Momento Mall goodies another day!


So, after all the fun at the Convention Center, we took a little trip to Park City to the Outlet Mall.  This is the result of our afternoon...


We stimluated the American Ecomony a little bit!!!  After shopping and a quick supper, we headed back down the mountain to attend the Flower Power Party.  We had a blast!

Tara hula hooped (I did NOT!)...


And, Tara and I got our faces painted...


It was a fun, but tiring day!

So, the next day things really get started.  Our morning began with General Session where all the demonstrators are together and get to see some product demonstrations, some lucky ones win fabulous prizes, and our minds are filled with all kinds of information.  Check out this stage...I had to stand on the top bleacher at the very back to get the whole stage in the picture!


What you see at the very top of that picture is one of the HUGE screens that hang from the ceiling so the people in the back can see.  There really isn't a bad seat in the house!

Each day, demonstrators are recognized for achievements, by walking across the stage.  I got to walk across the stage twice this year.  Once for sales...


Here I am walking with my friend Stella!  And once for recruiting...


Here I am walking with  my friends Audra and Connie.  It's so fun to get to see all my demonstrator friends, that I only see at events!

When we're not in general session, we get to attend classes full of fantastic information.  One of the classes we did this year was called Paper, Pad and Ink where we got to make color charts for each color collection.  Here is my friend Rose and I making out charts...


I'm so excited to have these charts done and ready to share with you when you place orders.  It makes all the difference to see the color in real life!

On the last day, our group was scheduled for our Make & Takes in the morning.  I will show you closer pictures of the projects another day.  But, for now, here's the group busily stamping!


The last day of Convention wrapped up with one last General Session.  I have attended enough Stampin' Up! events to know that you NEVER leave early...this year was no exception!  Everyone got a new Level 2 set, a pack of DSP and a container of the new Glass Glitter from the upcoming Holiday Mini.  WAHOO!!!  If you ever want to see extreme excitement, give 2800 demnonstrators a package of free stuff!  Tara said she felt like she was on Oprah's Favorite Things show!


So that's my Convention 2010 experience in a whirlwind.  I have so many fantastic ideas to share.  I can't wait to receive my orders and get started creating!

I'm already looking forward to next year's convention...in fact we started our travel plans before we left!  If you would like to join me all you have to do is become a Demonstrator!  Contact me today to find out how you can become a demonstrator and have a blast at SU Events with me!

Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

  1. Love the convention bags from this year!!! :D Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!