Saturday, August 14, 2010

A Little Black Magic

I'm impatiently waiting for my Holdiay Mini preorder to arrive so I can share some fabulous Halloween projects with you.  By the way...you're gonna LOVE the holiday mini!!!  In the mean time, I thought I would share some black magic with you.  Check it out.

Supplies:  Three Little Words & Silhouette Sentiments (Level One Hostess) stamp sets; Basic Black classic ink; Whisper White craft ink; Whisper White, Basic Black & Daffodil Delight cardstock; Scallop Oval, Large Oval, 1 3/8" Square and 1 1/4" Square punches; Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon; Stampin' Dimensionals; Watercolor Pencils; Big Shot & Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder

You were expecting something spooky weren't you?  This is another of the roomie swap cards I did at convention.  This one was designed by Robin Govier.

So lets talk black magic.  This is a great technique, that I know you're gonna want to try because it's so easy.  You need a solid image stamp for this technique.  Ink up your image with Whisper White craft ink and stamp it onto Basic Black cardstock.  Then, you want to color over your stamped image with the Watercolor Pencils.  It makes your image have a little color and it pops!  In this card the flowers were colored yellow.  Here's a closer look...


How fun is that?  Did you notice the fabulous ribbon?  It's the new Daffodil Delight 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon.  Trust me, this ribbon is a MUST HAVE for your collection!  It's a great narrow size and has lots of body to it.  And, the Daffodil Delight is just such a happy color!  Remember, it's not too late to join one of my ribbon shares.  Check out this post or the Specials and Promotions link at the top of my blog for all the details.

That's all for today.  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!