Saturday, October 23, 2010

Countdown to Christmas-Week 4

I have a super fun project to share with you this week for my Countdown to Christmas. 


Now, I can't take credit for this idea...I've seen a lot of these floating around the web!  Most of the ones I've seen have had punched shapes out of them to let the light through, but I decided to add a whole strip of vellum.  Can you guess what it is yet?

Ok, I will stop teasing and show you my Christmas Luminary!




Isn't it fabulous!  I made it with the Deck the Halls DSP and the Fancy Favor die.  I know, I said I wasn't going to use it for a while, but I can't help myself!!!  This die is so much more than just a favor box and I keep seeing and thinking up ideas for it.

Let's get to how I made it.  After I cut the Fancy Favor out, I cut it at 1 inch from the top.  I added a strip of Cardstock Vellum that I embossed with the Vintage Wallpaper embossing Folder.  It is glued to the two pieces of the Fancy Favor, ultimately making it taller.  Then I just folded and glued it together like normal.  To finish it off, I tied a piece of Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding around it and tied an awesome bow (first try...*wink*)!

It looks great with one of those battery powered tea lights.

Have an inspired day!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Lisa. I loved the ones they did in the Stampin Connection too. Ohhh, I can't wait for Christmas. Melissa H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I love the whole strip of vellum around. And you glued it back together so straight!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!