Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Merry Treats

Ladies and gentlemen, my name is Lisa and I am apparently addicted to slippers...


There are so many that when I asked Sawyer to take them up to my room tonight he couldn't carry them all!


In my defence, a certain little chocolate colored puppy named Oliver steals them and hides them (see the lonely pink Oilers one in the first picture) and then I can't find them...so I buy a new pair and then end up finding the old ones!


I know...he's cute.  But, don't be fooled by the cuteness...he has a serioius slipper stealing problem!!!  Kevin made me promise not to buy any more slippers.  sigh

Ok, on to some stamping!  I have a super cute project that my stamp clubs did this month to share with you.  Check it out.


It's an Always Artichoke box cut from the new Candy Wrapper die.  The sides were decorated with some of the Deck the Halls DSP and it's finished off with some fabulous crochet trim (you need this...I didn't think I needed the crochet trim when I first saw it, but was I wrong!  In fact, I've gone through two rolls of it already!!!).  To  make the box like this, you want to cut along the score lines to make flaps and fold them up to make a bottom for your box.  The top is done as per the directions that come with the die (yes, there's directions!).  You pretty much fold on all the score lines really good and then you push down and twist the top and it will stay shut (the instructions explain it much better than that).  If you've folded along all the score lines really good, this step will be easy.


The little tag is done with the Tiny Tags set and the Jewellery Tag punch.  First I stamped the dotted outline with Always Artichoke, then the "merry" with Cherry Cobbler.  Now, this is perhaps the most important step when using this punch...BEFORE you punch the tag out, you want to punch the little hole.  Trust me people, this is waaaaaay easier than trying to punch the little hole after the little tag is punched out!  The edges of the tag were sponged with Always Artichoke ink.

When my stamp clubs did this project, they tied the tag on around the knot with some Linen Thread.  But, when I was cleaning up, I came across my Vintage Trinkets and thought the little safety pin would be cute.  I was right...I love it!

There's a special treat inside this cute little box.


As you can see, they don't last long in our house.  Now, you can only get them at Christmas and this package was from last Christmas so I'm really hoping that they will be out again...soon!

I can totally see this project done for all kinds of occasions.  Can you imagine how cute they would be as wedding favours?  You coudl put anything small in them...chocolates, nuts, gummies, hard candies, earrings, a bracelet, a necklace, cash...I could go on and on!  Ooooh, I bet one of our Simply Adorned charms would fit nicely in it (maybe the 1x1 1/4 one...or a smaller one!).  Cute!!!  They would also make great little place settings for your holiday table or any other occasion.  So fun!!!

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!