Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scrapbooking my Garden

This spring Kevin built me some fabulous cedar planter boxes for a little garden.  He built me three 3x8 boxes which we filled with about 4 inched of gravel for drainage and then filled with dirt.  Then, on May long, I got to planting with the boys. We've enjoyed yummy veggies all summer and the boys are so excited to plant it again next summer!

The layout I'm sharing today for Scrapbook Saturday, is all about our first little garden!


I love this layout and can see so many other ways to use it...think school pictures, a "My Friends" page, choosing a wedding dress page, and so many more!  I will definitely be using this layout again!

It's pretty straightforward, but I'm super excited about the focal picture on the left hand page.  Take a closer look...


My picture is 4x4 and I cut half an inch off each side, then glued it on about an eighth of an inch away from the rest of the picture.  It's kind of a fun way of framing the most important part of the picture...which in this case is me and my little Sawyer!

You may have noticed that my page is missing a title.  That's because I don't know what to call this page.  Any of you have any ideas for me?  Leave a comment and let me know what you think my title should be!

Have an inspired day!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!