Saturday, October 2, 2010

A Variation on a Theme

Hello!  I totally meant to post this on Friday, but I was super busy with some other stuff (which I will share with you on Monday!) and it totally slipped my mind!  So, I guess I'm starting my Countdown to Christmas a little late this year!!!  You'll want to come back each Thursday until Christmas for a fabulous Christmas project idea.  I will be sharing cards, tags, gift packaging and home decor ideas for the next 12 weeks!

So, let's get started with the first project!

I absolutely love the last simple card I showed here, and have been kind of stuck on the idea.  So, to go with the card and 6x6 page, I've made a simple and fun gift bag to share with you.



You can see how it's very similar to that card, right?!  On the op and bottom edge of the bag, I used the scrap piece that is left after you cut the zig zag piece with the Tasteful Trim die.  Don't throw away those pieces ladies...they're just as fun and easy to use as the piece that is meant to be cut out!

I also applied some of the yummy Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding to the top and bottom edges of the bag over top the cardstock piece.  I finished it off with an Early Espresso Satin Ribbon bow on the handle of the bag.

Well, I hope you've enjoyed the first of my 12 Christmas projects.  Check back next Thursday for Week #2's project!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!