Monday, November 1, 2010

Blue Gratitude

Today I'm sharing another of the cards I demoed at the Mini Convention in September!  I demoed the Distressing Essentials kit and this was one of my favorite cards!


I started with a Night of Navy base and stamped it with one of the vine designs from Elements of Style.  Then I layered a piece of Baja Breeze DSP on it which was sponged around the edges with Baja Breeze ink and torn along the top.  Next came a piece of Whisper White Satin Ribbon.  The ribbon goes all the way around the card and the ends meet under the flower embellishment.  To achieve this, I made a little slit in the fold to feed the ribbon through.  Notice how I stamped my sentiment on the ribbon?  The sentiment is from the Fabullous Phrases set and was stamped with Night of Navy craft ink.


The flower embellishment is just punches!  I used the flower punch and scrunched it up then I sponged around the edges with Baja Breeze ink.  The flowers are also smooched with Vanilla Smooch Spray.  This is where the Distressing Essentials kit comes in!  I used the round file to curl and seperate the ends of the petals.  Then I used it to poke a hole through all the layers for my flower brad and used it again to put a little pearl in the middle of the flower.  I love that the little pearls and rhinestones fit perfectly in the middle of the flower brads...makes my heart go pitter patter!!!!!  The card is finished off with a line of pearls...the ones that are along the side of the package that are all stuck together are made for this type of application and I think the finishe off the card beautifully!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!