Monday, November 22, 2010

Countdown to Christmas-Week 8

This week I have some fun Christmas gift packaging ideas for you.  Before I show you the projects, I have to say that I can't take credit for these!  All three of the projects I'm going to show were inspired by other crafters.  Thanks for your inspiration ladies!

Each of the projects uses DSP from a different Christmas set.  First off, I have a super fun and easy Christmas Tube made with Deck the Halls DSP.

I've seen a lot of these while surfing the web.  This is just my take on the project!  You start with a 6x6 piece of DSP and make it into a tube.  You want to score 1/2 inch from the bottom (do this before making it into a tube!) and then make some cuts.  The little tabs that you make will fold into each other and allow the tube to stick to the scallop circle on the bottom.  I finished it off with some gold Waffle Paper and a fun tag.


Don't you love that Glass Glitter?  It's the perfect touch to finish off the project!

The next is a Scallop Envelope box.


These little boxes have been around since we started carrying the Big Shot and Scallop Envelope Die!  There are so many little boxes and baskets you can make just by joining a number of these envelopes together.  This one uses 2 of the Scallop Envelopes.  It was done in Garden Green and is embellished with some of the Candy Cane DSP.  I *heart* those strings of mittens!  It's finished off with a punched snowflake and a silver Glimmer Brad.   I've said before that I'm so not a flashy, blingly kind of girl...but I love the Glimmer Brads!  They add just the right amount of bling to finish a project off!

The third and final project this week is a fun little gift box.  I got the measurements from Becky Roberts.


So fun!  This is the perfect little box for a great little gift!  I used Cherry Cobbler cardstock and embellished with Jolly Holiday DSP.  The tag is from the Two Tags die and was stamped with the poinsettia from Jolly Bingo Bits...the perfect little Christmas set!


I did a fun little trick with the ribbon!  Rather than wrap it around the box, I cut some slits in either side of the lid and fed the ribbon through before tying a bow.  This way, you can take the lid on and off easily and not have to wreck the awesome bow!!!

That's all for today!  Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!