Sunday, January 16, 2011

Button Love

I meant to post this yesterday (Saturday), but after travelling ALL day to get home from Nashville I was exhausted.  And, my ears hurt...flying with a cold is not fun!

I originally was going to post this for Scrapbook Saturday, but I ran out of time at the Denver airport and went to bed when I got home!  So, I'm posting it today and we can all pretend that it's still Saturday...consequently, Simple Card Sunday will also be a day late!

The page I'm going to share with you today was totally inspired by a couple pages I've seen like it out there in internet land.  I mentally saved a picture of this layout in my mind and re-created it in Denver while I was waiting for my flight.  So whoever out there has done a page like this and shared it, thanks for your inspiration!

So, here is one of the scrapbook projects for the 14 Lovely Projects I'm doing right now!  Check it out!

Yep, I did a My Digital Studio page.  Let me tell you, MDS won't replace traditional scrapbooking for me, but sometimes it's a nice change and a great way to get some pages done quickly!  It also allowed me to scrapbook a very busy airport and not make a mess...I did have a group of people watching me though (kinda weird!).

So, I used some background paper from the 2011 calendar download...it comes with all the texture-looking stuff already on it!  Super easy!  They I added a picture.  This is my favorite picture from the family pictures we had taken at Thanksgiving in October.  There's just something about little feet that makes me happy!  I matted my picture with Whisper White and then I copied and pasted it about 4 times, twisting each picture so it looks like there's a pile of them.

To get the heart, I added a heart punch and made it huge.  Then I put buttons around the punch and when I had all the buttons in place, I deleted the punched heart.  I *heart* the result.  And, MDS allowed me to do something I would NEVER  do with traditional scrapbooking...use so many buttons!!!

The word October is also from that same calendar download and the numbers are the Athletic Dept. download (I think...it's one of those sports ones!).  They are in Early Espresso and I just changed the opacity to 40%.

I can't see wait to see what it looks like when I get it printed!

I will be back tomorrow with a simple card for you and I will also tell you a bit about the fun I had in Nashville!  Have an inspired day!

3 comments:

  1. Now I'm copying this idea but with pearls on a page in my honeymoon scrapbook (digital)! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this layout! The buttons add an awesome finishing touch.
    Were you ever able to figure out the MDS downloads graph/chart thing?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!