Friday, January 21, 2011

Heart Window

I love today's project!  I learned how to make it at Leadership from the fabulous Kimberly Van Diepen (I want to be her when I grow up!).


It's a super easy project that my club girls made this month and it uses a die that I haven't used for a while...the Movers & Shapers die!  With a little extra scoring, you can easily create a little pouch with this die.  Here's a side view to give you the idea.


I didn't catch all of her measurements, so I kind of winged it.  After putting a 4 1/4 x 11 piece of cardstock through the Big Shot with the Movers & Shapers die I scored it 1 inch from the original score line (that's 1 inch closer to the heart that was cut out), and 1 inch from the end (that's the end on the opposite side of the score lines as the heart is).  I hope that makes sense...it totally does in my head, but often the stuff in my head doesn't translate into actual words very well!!!!!  *wink*

The inside of the pouch is decorated with a piece of DSP and a bag of candy (gummy hearts...YUM!!).  It's finished off with a piece of ribbon (slide the ribbon off and you can open the pouch) and I used the heart shape that punched out to make a little tag which I embellished with a little love!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!