Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hybrid

Whenever I hear the word Hybrid, I think of a Toyota Prius!  Good branding I guess!  But, today I'm going to show you a hybrid Stampin' Up! style...no cars or fossil fuels involved!

At Leadership I took a digital class and learned some tips and tricks about MDS (My Digital Studio).  It was a great class, and I learned a bit more about the program which made me more comfortable with it and some if it's capabilities.  Those of us with laptops, got to follow along with the presenter (the fabulous Sara Douglass...Shelli's daughter!) and we all made a card.


Can you believe that the "love" is from a Christmas stamp brush set?  Just like with normal stamps, you have lots of versatility with the digital stamps!  The whole card was made with product that comes in the original software...no extra digital downloads required!

When our card was done, we noticed that Sara had a picture of her card with some ribbon on it, but the ribbon was bunched by the knot (something you can't do with MDS...or at least I haven't figured out how to do it yet!).  So, of course, the question was "How did you get the ribbon to bunch?".  Turns out, the card pictured was a hybrid project, meaning, it was done with MDS, but finished off with real life stuff.  Here's the finished project.



We ALL got one of the cards and some ribbon in our Make & Take packet so we would have a finished project to show everyone when we got home.  Isn't that great?  It was a fun surprise!  And, I love how the ribbon perfectly finishes off the card!
I have to admit, at first, I really resisted the whole digital paper crafting thing.  For me, it will not replace traditional paper crafting (I really like getting sticky fingers...and touching all the supplies), but I do see a place for it.  It's kinda cool to be able to quickly and easily mass produce a card and then add a special little touch, like the ribbon on this card.

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!