Friday, January 14, 2011

It's only one short month until Valentine's Day!  Do you need a fun packaging idea for a little gift for someone special?  Check this out...


It's an altered soup can.  You need the kind with the pop top and then you cut the bottom off with a special can opener.  Eat the soup, clean the can, fill it with a special treat and then glue the bottom back on with some Crystal Effects.  Then it's on to the fun part...decorating!

I wrapped my can with Basic Gray cardstock stamped with the little heart from Every Little Bit.  Then I wrapped a layer of DSP around the can.  You can find this DSP in the Occasions Mini!  To hide the "seam" between the papers, I tied a piece of Real Red Taffeta ribbon around it.  Check out that bow...it's a good bow day people!!!!!


The top has a circle of Real Red cardstock on it (tucked under the tab) and it's finished off with some gathered ribbon and then I tied some scraps of ribbon on the tab.  My colors were taken right out of the DSP....Real Red, Whisper White, Pretty In Pink and Basic Gray (I wish we still had Basic Gray ribbon!!!).

My favorite part of the project is this...


Isn't it cute?  I punched some hearts from Real Red cardstock and made a little border out of them!

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!