Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Fabric Flower

What do you think of the fabric Stampin' Up! is offering?  Did you even notice it in the mini...LOL!!!  I was a little scared of it at first.  I mean...I paper craft and do not consider myself a sewer.  But, after going to Leadership in Nashville, I am a changed woman!  Stampin' Up! encouraged us to add just one thing to our business or lives (they're calling it +one).  Well, I have a lot of +ones and one of them was to incorporate the embellishments and fun stuff in the minis into my projects rather than be scared of it or hoard it!!!  And, they showed us some fabulous ideas to incorporate fabric into paper projects!!

So, I decided to show my club girls how fun and easy it is to incorporate fabric into their cards and projects!  It adds a fun dimension and texture to any project.  For the card I have today, I, again, used the Springtime Vintage Fabric (the Sweet Stitches one kinda creeps me out...only the orange fabric though!) and made it into a flower.


The card is Pear Pizzazz with a layer of Crumb Cake on the bottom.  The Crumb Cake layer is stamped with the En Francais stamp (which I sponged with ink before stamping to get a light, imperfect image...almost like a watermark).  There's a piece of Baja Breeze Seam Binding along the top of the Crumb Cake layer.  The flower is put on a Night of Navy tag which was cut with the Two Tags die.

It looks a bit familiar doesn't it?  That's because I used the same layout as this card I shared yesterday.  You can see how you can take the same layout and make it look completely different by just changing a few elements on the card!


The flower is made from 3 strips of fabric that are 1/2" x 6".  You lay the strips (right side down...the most vibrant side is the "right" side) in a star shape and glue them together in the middles.  Then you start folding the ends in, gluing them as you go.  It's finished off with a fabulous Springtime Vintage Button.

Be sure to check back tomorrow for my favorite of the fabric cards my clubs did this month.  Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!