Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Playing with Fabric

Hello!  I hope everyone who had a long weekend this past weekend had a good one!  We had a quiet weekend hoping that Taylor will start to get better!  He managed to get the flu last week and is having a hard time fighting it off.  He's been sick for a week and a half and is now complaining that his ear hurts and sounds like he's getting a cold.  He's been sick for a week and a half now.  I'm glad there's no school this week, so he can just rest and get better!

My stamp clubs played with fabric this month and we had loads of fun!  Over the next few days I will show you the three cards they did!


I *heart* this card!  It's so simple, but so eye catching!  It reminds me of my Grandma and is the perfect card for her birthday.  Both my Grandma's have birthdays in June, so I will definitely be saving it for her (and making another for my other grandma!).

I started with a Not Quite Navy card base which I stamped with the Wonderfully Worn stamp.  This is such a great background set to add just a little something to a card!  I layered on a piece of Baja Breeze which has a piece of Rose Red Seam Binding around it and some paper piercing.  Both the Not Quite Navy and Baja Breeze pieces are sponged around the edge with Not Quite Navy ink.


The fabric is from the Springtime Vintage set.  You can see I layered a Rose Red tag (cut with the Lots of Tags dies) and an oval which I stamped with the rose from the Baby Blossoms set.  The Happy Birthday is from the Fabulous Phrases set.  I just put both stamps on the block in the position I wanted them and stamped away!  That's one of the perks of Clear Mount stamps!  There's a lot of dimension in this card!  The Rose Red tag is put on the card with dimensionals and so is the oval. 

A little tip...I have found that the SU Glue Sticks are great for sticking fabric to your cards!  One more little tip...I remember learning in Home Ec (a long time ago!!) that fabric always tears straight.  So, don't be afraid to tear your fabric into the size pieces you want ladies!  Not only does it tear straight, you also get a fabulous frayed edge!

And, one more thing....


Penny sits so good for pictures (Ollie always tries to eat the camera and doesn't stay still long enough!), so I get all kinds of great shots of Penny!  Sadly, I think I take more pictures of Penny and Ollie than the kids.  There's something about this one that just makes me laugh!!!  Maybe it's her ears...or the angle...I don't know, it just makes me laugh!  I wonder what she was thinking as I took this picture?!?

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!