Thursday, March 24, 2011

More Magnets

Ok, so my title isn't quite true...today's post isn't magnets as much as it's another magnet!  This month, my stamp clubs did some magnetic calendars.


I used the Playdate DSP for this project.  The scallop rectangle was cut with the Big Shot.  I used the Scallop Square Duo die.  To get a rectangle, you fold your cardstock in half and place it on the square one bump down (between the first and second scallops).  Then when you run it through the Big Shot and unfold it, you have a great rectangle!

To finish it off, I punched a 5 petal flower from Tempting Turquoise.  I scrunched it up until the layers of paper started separating and peeled it apart.  I love the look you get when you do this...kind of fuzzy with lots of texture!  I used another 5 petal flower for the leaves.  It's finished off with a small Early Espresso flower (from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack) and a Glimmer Brad!  On the back, I used a 2x3 piece of our magnet sheets so I could hang it by my desk...right beside the magnet I showed here.

Well, now you all have me longing for summer with your comments about flip flops and lemonade!!!  There are things about each season that I love, but I think if I had to choose a favorite, it would be fall.  The smell in the air, the crisp feel to the air, the colors and the "fall foods"!  I had Sawyer choose a number this morning and he chose 3...which was Kelly.  Congratulations Kelly!  Today's March Madness prize is a package of Timeless Type Chipboard.  This is a great package of chipboard letters and numbers perfect for all kinds of projects.  To win, you just need to leave a comment telling me your favorite flower!

Bingo Square:  Certainly Celery Star

Have an inspired day!


7 comments:

  1. My favorite Flower is a Sun Flower...they are so big and beautiful and ...well...yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those projects were fun to make! I had a great time. My favorite flower is the orchid, it is different looking and looks exotic.

    Lacey
    lacey.milos@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is anything my hubby brings me ;) but I am partial to roses!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Sweet Peas. The are so delicate looking, but hardy, and they smell so pretty and sweet!

    Pick me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sherri, i just love sweet peas as well. they smell so yummy. but i also love love love lilacs. it is too bad that they have such a short season.

    kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa, Janet here...My favorite flower is the daisy..especially gerberas as they are bold and come in a variety of bright colors. They do not last very long though :( They are great for home decorating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lilies use to be my favorite until I discovered the joy of gardening. Now I love so many flowers. My problem is I just look at the pictures of the flowers and never know their names! Guess I am not a true gardener yet!!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!