Saturday, March 5, 2011

An Oldie, but Goodie!

For my last Beveled Windowpane card, I dusted off an oldie but goodie technique!  The windowpane is just a basic windowpane, and in this case, I used it to highlight a stamped image...which it does beautifully!


The background of this card is my favorite part.  I started by stamping the raspberry image from Clearly For You with Versamark and then rubbed pastels over the stamped images with a Q-tip.  It's called Poppin' Pastels and I think it's the first technique I ever learned as a demonstrator!  After I was done coloring (which you have to do quickly so the ink doesn't dry...if the ink dries, the chalk won't stick to it and the technique won't work), I stamped the En Francais background over it with Crumb Cake ink.  It's amazing what stamping that background stamp over the stamped images does for the card!


I love how the background stamp isn't solid which adds a "vintagey" (is that even a word?), aged look to the background.  And look, I used a button!  *grin*

BINGO Square:  Rose Red Purse

Have an inspired day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!