Friday, April 8, 2011

Fun with Flowers

Is it normal to love a die as much as I love the Fun Flowers die in the Occasions Mini right now???  I'm not even usually a flower person!  When I went through the Occasions Mini for the first few times I was against this die...I already have the Flower Folds die and I thought "what do I need another flower die for?"  Well, I was really wrong!  I think this is a must have die for your collection!  I love the way the three flowers are different and that I also get two centers for my flowers.  I can get so much depth and texture with this die when I'm making flowers...and it's so fun!  I'm flower crazy right now, putting flowers on everything!!! 

Here's a look at the die.
Now, this is one of the big Steel Rule dies, so you can cut through so many different things with it...think fabric (up to 8 layers at a time!), fun foam (super cute on a pair of flip flops!), leather, metal (like aluminum flashing), wood (thin balsa wood), and so much more!  Because there are no score lines or perforations created with this die, you can cut 4-5 layers of cardstock at a time too.

It looks super cute done with textured cardstock, DSP and even with some of the flowers embossed after you've cut them out.  And the possibilities for flower centers are endless...buttons, antique brads, punched shapes, pearls, rhinestones, ribbon knots...I could go on and on!!!!

I'm so excited to share this die with  my To Die For class participants tonight.  I know they are going to fall in love with this die like I have!!!  Here's one of the projects they will be making tonight.


I love the way the flower looks with the First Edition DSP!  Here's a closer look at that stunning flower.


Isn't it gorgeous?  It was cut from Rich Razzleberry textured cardstock, and sponged around the edges with Rich Razzleberry classic ink.  It's finished off with a Rich Razzleberry button and some Linen Thread.  Did you notice the leaves?  They are actually one of the flowers...the mid sized one...cut from Old Olive cardstock!  How fun!!!

I can't wait to see all the cards made tonight in my class...the girls will all get a different color of flower (based on the buttons I have on hand!) for their card.  I know they're all going to be so pretty!  And, I can't wait to see their reaction to their second project tonight!!!  *grin*

I do a To Die For class each month featuring a different die.  May's class is going to feature the Lots of Tags Sizzlits...my newest favorite die!  Won't you join us?  The info on this class can be found on the "Events & Class Registration" page.

Have an inspired day!


2 comments:

  1. I am sooooo excited for this class!!!!

    Hey, who won the March Doorprise? See you tonight!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is super cute. I should of come! I would maybe like to join the may class. I will decide and email you.

    Thanks,
    Lacey

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!