Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Everything That Sparkles

Well, today is Tuesday, which means we're one day closer to a long weekend and I can't wait!

Each month, my stamp clubs learn a technique, and this month I decided to go super sparkly and fun with them.  I also needed a quick and easy technique after the Brick Wall card they made last month.  So, I decided to go with the Dazzling Diamond Dust technique and came up with this fun and happy card.


Isn't it bright and cheery?  That's partially why I chose to make it a Get Well card...I have a certain person in mind to send this one to!

I started with a Daffodil Delight base and then added a layer of Early Espresso.  On top of that is a piece of Daffodil Delight Patterns DSP and then the sparkly, fun stamped piece.


I took a piece of Whisper White cardstock and stamped it with the Fancy Flower stamp using Daffodil Delight, Old Olive and Early Espresso inks.  Once I was done stamping, I inked the whole piece with Versamark ink and then embossed it with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  The result is a really sparkly element for your card.  The card was finished off with a strip of Early Espresso cardstock punched with a fancy border punch and a piece of Old Olive Satin Ribbon.

I love it!  What do you think?

Have an inspired day!


1 comment:

  1. oh i love it too! and i adore the other two projects that we did tonight. thanks for all your hard work that you do every month for us. you rock, lisa!!

    see you in a couple of weeks!
    kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!