Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Fun with the Kids

Last Saturday I had a Stampin' Kids class, which I think was my favorite to date!  The kids got to decorate a lamp and then make a door knob hanger with some Build-a-Bear stuff and their name on it.  It was a great class and I know the kids had a blast!


The lamps started out as plain square lamps, which I found at Ikea.  These lamps are fantastic...so easy to decorate with our vinyl and when you get sick of it, peel it off and put something different on!  and, because they only have a 40W chandelier bulb in them, they don't get very hot.  I used my Circles #2 die and various colors of our raw vinyl and cut polka dots for the kids.  It was so easy for them to just peel and stick all over their lamps!


They also make a door hanger with their names on it.  The base of these are chipboard coasters, which we covered with cardstock and Designer Papers.


The top coaster had their name on it, which I pre-cut with my Big Shot and the Go Go Boots alphabet dies.


The bottom coaster had a bear which I also pre-cut with my Big Shot and various Build-a-Bear dies.


So fun!  Have an inspired day!


2 comments:

  1. Soo cute! I love the polka dots! Going to be stealing this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.....love the lamp, you explained it....but the visual brings it to life for me.......thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!