Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Possessed Toy and Other Rainy Day Ramblings...

Do you have a possessed toy?  We do!  In the "dishes & food" bin on the toy shelf we have a little toy coffee maker, and it is possessed!  It randomly starts making noise in the bin and drives me nuts!  Seriously, it will start making noise at 10 at night when Kevin and I are watching tv!!!  The funniest is watching Penny go crazy trying to find the toy...she paces in front of the shelf when it makes noise and cocks her head this way and that trying to figure out where the noise is coming from.  Hilarious!

Today it's rainy and kinda gloomy here.  On days like today I feel like I just want to crawl into my nice, warm, soft and very inviting bed (super soft sheets, fluffly down comforter and a pillow top mattress...it's like sleeping in a giant hug!!)!!!  It's all good though...rain means my allergies will be better since the rain washes away some of the dust in the air and washes away some of the molds and stuff that grew under the snow and dead grass over winter.  And, we had out lawn power-raked and fertilized last week, so the rain will help make it nice and green!  Spring is here people!!!!

Anyway, on to some stamping!  I've been holding out on you guys!  I came across some pictures from my Fun Flowers class and demo last month that I haven't shared yet...gasp!  And, since this die is still available (yahoo!) even though the Occasions Mini is done, I thought I would share these ideas with you, starting with this one...


Isn't is purty?!?!?  I started with a Poppy Parade (a color I don't use nearly enough!) base for my card, and layered on some Early Espresso which I stamped with the En Francais background and sponged around the edges.  Then I added a layer of Play Date DSP (which was also sponged around the edges).  Where the two papers meet, I tied a piece of Very Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon around it.  Check out that bow!


The flower itself is cut from Poppy Parade cardstock.  I used the middle size flower on the die...I call it the pointy flower because the petals have points!  I scrunched the flowers and then peeled apart just the petals for some dimension.  The leaves were also made with the pointy flower...just cut it out with Old Olive cardstock, score down the middle of the petal and cut the petals off so you can arrange them behind your flower like leaves.  I finished off my flower with a 5 Petal Flower punch (from the same DSP as is on the card), a black button and a pearl!  Oh, so fun!

When I originally made this card, I purposely left my sentiment off because I didn't know what I wanted to use this card for.  But, I got some sad news from my dear sister-in-law last week and I think this card is perfect to send to her to brighten her day.  So, I'm gonna stamp a "thinking of you" sentiment on it (on the DSP with Early Espresso ink) and pop it in the mail.  I hope she likes it!

Have an inspired day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!