Friday, June 10, 2011

A Pool Party Birthday

Do I have a treat for you today!  I received my pre-order of stampin' stuff from the new catalogue and I've been playin' with some new colors, stamps and tools...and today I have a fun card to share with you!


Fun, fun, fun!  I used one of the new In Colors, Pool Party, for the base of my card and the stamped part of my pennants.  I paired it with Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.

Check out those perfect pennants...


All year long I've been wishing for a pennant punch to go with the Party Your Way set, and guess what?  My wish was answered!  We now have a pennant punch, which punches both the scallop pennant and the straight edged one, as well as a new stamp set called Pennant Parade!  I love it!  The Pennant Parade set comes complete with a few different pennants, some sentiments and some images to decorate your pennants.

Notice the birthday sentiment?  That's from a new set too!  It's the Happiest Birthday Wishes stamp set, which is a hostess set.  Did I mention that the hostess plan is changing?  I know you're gonna love it and the flexibility if offers...I do!!!

Back to the pennants!  I strung them together with a piece of the Baker's Twine (which you can find in the Summer Mini).  I just ran some snail across the top of the pennants and stuck the twine on, then tucked it around the back of my embossed (Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder) cardstock.  It looked a little sparse where I tucked the ends around, so I added some little bows (attached with a little drop of Tombow...emphasis on little!).


I also added a little bling to the middles of my flowers that are stamped on each pennant with some little Rhinestones!

Now, that you've seen a little teaser, lets talk about the Cover Color Contest and the Catalogue Club!  I have seen the cover of the new catalogue (soooo pretty!) and the colors are as follows (note, these are my best guess since I can't see the actual supply list until July)...
  • Main color-Peach Parfait
  • Accent Colors-Poppy Parade, Soft Suede and Pink Pirouette
Based on that, the winners of the Cover Color Contest are...
  • Main Color-Nobody!
  • Accent Colors-Lacey M (Pink Pirouette) and Elaine H (Poppy Parade)
Congratulations you two!  Your prizes will be available in July.


And, finally, Catalogue Club!  This year Catalogue Club will be $15 to join.  Your $15 gets you...
  • a coil bound catalogue (coupons and an envelope for Mini Catalogue storage will be coiled in)
  • a clear plastic protective front and back cover will also be coiled in
  • a sheet of fabulous coupons to use throughout the year
  • class registration discounts
  • Free project Friday (once a month)
  • all Mini Catalogue throughout the year (Holiday, Occasions, SAB and Summer)
The 2011-2012 Idea Book & Catalogue will go live on July 1 and we can start ordering from it then.  I can't wait!

If you're interested in joining the Catalogue Club, please contact me (Canadians only please)!

Have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!