Sunday, July 24, 2011

Simple Swap

Before I get into today's post, I have to announce the winner of the ribbon I promised in this post!  Kelly was the only one who responded...and she was right!  I used a square punch (1 3/8" square punch) and one of the new 3 in 1 punches (Blossom Bouquet) for the bow on the present.  Congrats Kelly!!!  You should buy a lottery ticket because you are on a roll this month!

Alrighty then, on to my fun little project for Simple Card Sunday!  One of my favorite traditions at Convention is the roomie swap that I always do with the girls I stay with.  In the past we have set up little stampin' stations around our room (even the bathroom...where else can you heat emboss when you can't find a plug in anywhere else in the room!!!).  This year, we took our stampin' stuff down to the breakfast area in the lobby and stamped the night away.  Sadly, I don't have any pictures!  But we had a blast!

Our rules are that our card can't take more than 10 minutes to complete and we don't want to travel with a lot of stuff, so we prep stuff a lot and then have fun stampin' and assembling.  Today, I'm going to share the card I did.  It's quick, easy and it's a masculine card!


I used the new Well Worn DSP (eeek, I love this pack of DSP!!!) on the right edge of the card.  Beside that is a strip of Cajun Craze cardstock that I embossed with my beloved (my Big Shot) and the new Houndstooth Embossing Folder.  You're going to want this embossing folder to add to your collection for sure!  Beside that strip is a narrow strip of Not Quite Navy cardstock.  Super simple background!


My sentiment is on the outside of my card.  I colored it with Not Quite Navy and Cajun Craze markers to get the dual color image.  It was stamped on Naturals White and matted with River Rock cardstock.  It's popped up on Stampin' Dimensionals.


And, here's a fun little detail.  I made some ribbon loops (Not Quite Navy Taffeta and Early Espresso diet taffeta...that's the skinny taffeta!!!).  I stuck them to the back of the white piece and then added a staple for good measure!  Actually, the staple is keeping the two layers of cardstock stuck together...so it's not just decorative (although it works well with the whole masculine thing), it's useful too!

Well, that's all for Simple Card Sunday.  Give this card a try...you'll be surprised at how quick your card will come together!  And, it's a super easy design to change up for any theme...in fact, check out Sherri's blog here to see my inspiration for this card!

Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments. It means a lot to know there there are people out there reading my little blog and being inspired by what I create! Happy stampin' and have an inspired day!